If you are on the lookout for a good balance transfer card having a long promotional period, Citi Diamond Preferred® Card is the right one for you. It offers 0% interest for 21 months, and thus you obtain a best opportunity to pay off your big purchases or balances. To add to it, you do not have to pay any annual fee. However, you receive limited rewards for using this MasterCard when you sign up for Citi Easy Deals, but there are other special deals.
Pros of Citi Diamond Preferred® Card:
- Long introductory rate of 0% APR for 21 months for purchases and balance transfers.
- Based on your creditworthiness, regular APR even as low as 11.99%.
- No annual fees.
- Low balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- 24/7 access to personalized concierge service.
- $0 liability on unauthorized charges and Citi Identity Theft Solutions.
Cons of Citi Diamond Preferred® Card:
- Very limited rewards.
- Introductory APR: 0% for 21 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers: Based on your creditworthiness, it is 11.99% to 21.99%.
- APR for Cash Advances: 25.24%
- Annual Fee: None.
- Balance Transfer Fee: $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Purchase Transaction: 3% of each purchase transaction in US dollars.
Review of Citi Diamond Preferred® Card:
One of the best balance transfer cards in the market with 0% intro APR is the Citi Diamond Preferred® Card. It also has one of the longest promotional APRs that you can find. You can derive benefits from its 0% intro APR for 21 months on purchases and balance transfers along with other benefits. Following that period, based on your creditworthiness, APR can be between 11.99% to 21.99%.
Who Benefits Most With This Card?
Citi Diamond Preferred® Card is ideal for those who possess an existing credit card balance and wish to obtain 0% interest. If you do not want to pay interest on the balance of your credit card, by opting for this card, you can transfer your card’s balance to this MasterCard. Thereby you pay no interest for the first 21 months. You also do not have to pay any annual fee. Thus, it can come as a major relief if you are attempting to pay off your debts and get back on track.
Favorable Factors of Citi Diamond Preferred® Card:
- Intro 0% APR for 21 months:
As mentioned earlier, you get to enjoy an intro APR of 0% for the first 21 months on all purchases and balance transfers. Hence, when balance from your other credit card is transferred to this card, you pay no interest for 21 months. Thereafter, you pay a variable APR of 11.99% to 21.99% on a regular basis that is based on your creditworthiness. As long as you make sure to pay off all your balances within this intro period of 21 months, you can reap benefits. Else, you will be forced to pay higher interest rates once the promotional offer is complete.
- No Annual Fee:
You pay no annual fee, yet you get to take pleasure in being a cardholder with Citi Diamond Preferred® Card due to the benefits it offers.
- Low Transaction Fees:
- For balance transfers, you pay either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- For cash advances, you pay either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- Access to personalized concierge service 24/7:
As a Citi Diamond Preferred® Card holder, you receive help for booking flights, hotel rooms, concert tickets, etc.
- With your Citi® Private Pass®, you obtain special access to ticket presales, VIP packages, preferred seating and other entertainments.
- $0 liability on unauthorized charges: Complete protection against unauthorized charges on your account. You will not be held liable for any charge that was not authorized by you.
- Citi® Easy Deals:
Get access to online deals from CVS, Gap, Footlocker and other brands and enjoy members only savings with Citi Easy Deals.
- Citi® Identity Theft Solutions:
As a Citi Diamond Preferred® Card holder, in the event when you become a victim to identity theft, Citi® Identity Theft Solutions will help in the identification of compromised accounts, filing police reports and getting back your good credit.
- Swift and Easy Payments with Apple Pay:
Use Apple Pay for your payments in-app or at over 200,000 stores along with the security that you get when you use your Citi card.
- Extended Warranty: Up to a year added on your warranty of five years or less.
- Damage & Theft Purchase Protection is offered up to $50,000 per year, $1,000 per item for damaged or stolen items that were purchased with your Citi card within 120 days of purchase.
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance: When Citi card is used for car rental payments in any country, theft or damage protection up to $50,000 is offered.
Non-favorable Factors of Citi Diamond Preferred® Card:
When you login to your Citi account, sign up to Citi Easy Deals and use Citi card to make purchases, you score 10% of all purchases as Citi Easy Deals points. Though it is beneficial, the Citi Diamond Preferred® Card offers very limited rewards.
Citi Diamond Preferred® Card is a great option for those who are seeking a balance transfer credit card offering 0% APR long-term. Just the privilege that you do not need to pay any interest on your purchases or balance transfers transferred from another card is by itself a major beneficial aspect. Since you also do not pay any annual fees, there is sufficient time to get back on track by disciplining oneself and clearing the debts. Yet, the only downfall to this MasterCard is that enough rewards in cash or points cannot be scored. Those seeking a good rewards card from Citibank can check out the Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card instead. However, you can enjoy other special offers and also score points with this card when you sign up for Citi Easy deals.