Latest Update: May 30, 2017
This Policy explains what information ElitePersonalFinance collects about its Users, how ElitePersonalFinance uses and/or shares this information, and how such information is maintained.
By visiting the Site, you accept the terms of this Policy.
Users are able to communicate with us by email, or by posting a comment under any of the pages of the site.
Before you submit any information on or through the Services, please carefully review this Policy. By using any part of the Services, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your information as further outlined in this Policy. Your continued use of the Services will signify acceptance of the terms of the updated Policy.
This Policy applies regardless of the device used to access the Services (e.g., personal computer, mobile device, consumer electronics device, or any other technology or software known today or developed in the future).
Information That we Collect
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device.
- Information You Provide Directly to Us
We may collect information from you during your use of or access to the Services, such as when you:
- Register for an account;
- Make a purchase;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Complete a survey or provide us with feedback;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Use certain features that require your information to function (e.g., vendor price quotes or using our mobile apps to scan and search for products, find coupons, and promotions);
- Communicate with us; or
- Post user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Services, including on community forums and blogs.
- Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected
a. Device/Usage Information
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices or tablets) you use to access the Services. As described further below, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, IMEI and TCP/IP address, and other information about your computer or device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, mobile device carrier information, the state or country from which you accessed the Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Services, such as: referring and exit web pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content (such as advertisements) viewed and the order of those pages, statistical information about the use of the Services (such as barcodes scanned through certain of our mobile apps), the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Services, the frequency of your use of the Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third-party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
- Location Information
We and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general information (e.g., IP address, zip code) from your computer or mobile device. If you access the Services through a mobile device, we may also ask you to share your specific geo-location information with us. The Services use this location information to provide customized location-based services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. We may also use location information to improve the functionality of the Services and our other products services.
- Cookies and Other Electronic Technologies
We may also collect data about your use of the Services through the use of Internet server logs, cookies and/or tracking pixels. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website, that enables us to: (i) recognize your computer; (ii) store your preferences and settings; (iii) understand the web pages of the Services you have visited; (iv), enhance your user experience by delivering content specific to your interests; (v) perform searches and analytics; and (vi) assist with security administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those from Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files. Tracking pixels (sometimes referred to as web beacons or clear GIFs) are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email, and that are designed to provide usage information like ad impressions or clicks, measure popularity of the Services and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g. Google Chrome). You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings of the Services.
- Information Collected By and From Social Media and Other Content Platforms
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or other social media sites, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through social media sites.
For more information on what personal information is revealed to us by these social media sites, please refer to their privacy policies. Here are some of our social media accounts:
- Information from Affiliates and Non-Affiliated Third Parties
We may also obtain information about you, such as demographic information, from our affiliates or from third parties, such as marketers, partners, researchers and others.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- For the purposes for which you provided it;
- To process a transaction you initiate or to provide the features, services and products available through the Services;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, account alerts, or other communications, such as newsletters to which you have subscribed;
- To notify you about new features and offerings of the Services, including, but not limited to, discounts, events, shows news about our Services, products, and/or special offers;
- To contact you with information, surveys, or advertising that we believe may be of interest to you both regarding our products and Services and those of third parties;
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback;
- For internal research and reporting;
- To improve the content and features of the Services or develop new Services;
- To personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services or on other websites, including across different devices and browsers (see “Personalized Content and Advertising” section below);
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Services.
Please note that we may combine information that we collect from you and about you (including automatically-collected information) with information we obtain about you from our affiliates and/or non-affiliated third parties, and use such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
When we Disclose Your Information
ElitePersonalFinance may disclose and/or share your information to or with any non-affiliated third parties under the following circumstances:
- We may disclose your information to any third parties based on your consent to do so.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select third parties who perform services on our behalf and for any other legitimate business purpose. These third parties provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation billing, sales, marketing, advertising, market research, customer support, fulfillment, data storage, analysis and processing, and legal services.
- Business Partners. We may provide your information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships to provide you with special coupons, discounts, or promotions, or to offer products and services to you for purchase. We encourage these partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy, merge or partner with other companies. In such transactions, (including in contemplation of such transactions, e.g., due diligence) user information may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of ElitePersonalFinance’s assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
- Public Forums. Our Services offer publicly accessible blogs and community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. Please also remember that if you choose to provide information on public features of the Services, individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information. We therefore urge you to think carefully about what you choose to disclose publicly and make sure it’s information you want to share with the public.
PERSONALIZED CONTENT, ADVERTISING, AND YOUR CHOICES
1. Online and Email Analytics
If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
The Services may also include widgets and social media features such as the Facebook “Like” button, which are interactive mini-programs that provide specific services from another company (e.g. displaying the news, opinions, music, etc.). Information such as your email address may be collected through these features. These features may collect your IP address and set cookies to enable them to function properly. We are not responsible for nor do we endorse the privacy practices or the content of such third-party services. Any information you provide via those services is subject to their applicable privacy policies and is not covered by this Policy.