Look for the best option.
Applying for a new credit card is not always as easy as it seems. In fact, getting the best offer can be quite a challenge. You may wonder why you should bother checking for a special offer, but if you want to earn great rewards, bonuses, and even cash back, then checking for favourable offers is definitely worth the hassle.
A company which always seems to have something special on offer is the well-known, renowned American Express, or Amex, credit card company. This company usually has some gainful offers available on various cards, especially as sign-up bonuses.
However, existing members are also able to earn rewards on retail purchases such as gas stations, restaurants, drugstores, travel, hotels and car rentals. The rewards are available on certain Amex cards, and conditions do apply.
Does everyone qualify for a special offer?
There are usually introductory bonus offers to new cardholders, for example $150 back if you spend $1000 in the first 3 months, but if you qualify for a special offer, you could earn up to $250 back when you spend the same $1000 in the first 3 months.
When you apply for a special offer, if you do not qualify, it is certainly not a train smash, as the results of your application, whether favourable or not, will have absolutely no impact on your credit scores.
Although the special offers are the first prize, it is important to note that American Express cards offer various other rewards, and there are always top-of-the-line offers available in the general run of things.
To find out if you qualify for a special offer, click “apply now” next to the offer, and you will be taken to the American Express website where you can fill out the application.
If you qualify for a special offer, it will be a great idea to take advantage of it.
Some of the best Amex cards to consider opening.
Benefits of Blue Cash Preferred Card.
- Sign-up bonus of $150 when you spend $1000 in the first 3 months.
- 6% cash back on purchases including grocery store, coffee shop, restaurant, movies, or whatever else takes your fancy, up to annual limit of $6000. Thereafter only 1% will be earned.
- Annual fee $95.
- 0% APR period for large purchases that need to be paid off, or a balance transfer. However there is a balance transfer fee of 3% of the balance, or $5, whichever is greater.
Blue Cash Everyday Card from Amex.
- $100 dollars back after you spend $1000 within first 3 months. Terms apply.
- Earn 3% cash back at US supermarkets up to $6000 spent, and 1% after maximum is reached.
- Variable APR of 13.49% to 23.49% will apply, depending on credit worthiness.
- No annual fees.
Amex Everyday Credit Card is especially beneficial for frequent spenders.
- This card offers 2 membership rewards points for each dollar spent in a US supermarket, up to $6000 purchases per year.
- Bonus sign-up of 10,000 points after purchases of $1000 dollars in first 3 months.
- No annual fee, and no annual fee for additional cards.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months, thereafter APR variable between 13.49% to 23.49% based on credit worthiness.
Amex Everyday Preferred Card.
- Sign-up bonus 15.000 membership reward points after $1000 spent in first 3 months.
- Annual membership of $95.
- 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, after that APR variable between 13.49% to 23.49%, based on credit worthiness.
Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card.
- On sign-up, there are 25.000 points on offer after you spend $2000 dollars in the first 3 months of card membership.
- There is no annual fee for the first year of membership, thereafter an annual fee of $195 will apply.
- There are no interest charges as the card balance is paid in full each month.
The Platinum Card from American express is the best premium card.
- An excellent sign-up bonus of 40,000 points is earned when you spend $3000 on purchases with your new card in the first 3 months. Terms and conditions do apply.
- Earn 5 membership rewards points per dollar spent on flights booked directly with airlines, or with American Express Travel.
- Get 2 points per dollar on other travel booked through Amex, and 1 point per dollar on anything else you purchase.
- Receive up to $200 statement credits per calendar year for airline incidental charges.
- Complimentary access to more than 900 airport lounges across the globe.
- Annual fee is set at $450 per annum.
- No interest charges as the card balance is paid in full each month.
What you can expect from Amex Corporate Cards.
- The card can be issued to ant employee who incurs travel or other expenses on behalf of the company. The cards are set up with the company structure in mind, allowing you to maintain control over business spending.
- Comprehensive electronic statements with data files monthly. You can use a combination of these tools to help with monthly reconciliation and expense claims.
- You can use monthly management reports to negotiate better terms and discounts with your suppliers.
- There is a reward program in place that allows card members to earn points every time they use their corporate card, which allows both company and employees to benefit.
The Corporate Card is in effect a corporate management solution which helps you control your corporate spending, whether it be for travel, or day-to-day purchases. The Amex Corporate Card provides benefits to keep costs down, and at the same time assist your employees with streamlining business processes.
Why American Express?
American Express has a reputation of offering a card for every lifestyle, and for superior customer service. It also offers a wide range of perks to accommodate the needs of different types of customers, no matter which card you opt for.
For example, if you want to carry a balance, in addition to its top-line charge cards, Amex has a variety cards to choose from.
If you want to travel and stay in the best hotels, there is a card especially designed for that purpose.
You can visit the American Website to find the details of the membership rewards program. You can also learn more about the rewards you can earn on your specific card or cards, by referring to your Card Member Agreement, and your card’s product page located on the Website.
American Express charge and credits Cards have benefits and rewards that fit your needs.